Casa Vicini was headquarters for all companies owned by Juan Bautista Vicini and the partner companies by four generations of the family. ￼In this space, meetings were held since before 1879. The house featured a connection to the warehouses in the port of Santo Domingo, through a tram, which extended all the way to calle El Conde. ￼The venue had a commercial basis since the beginning of the colony, given it is located around the Cuatro Calles, intersecting with the current Isabel la Católica and Las Mercedes. In fact, the Isabel la Católica, was long called calle del Comercio. The city market, warehouses, import and export companies, and other establishments had their location in the vicinity of their strategic position with respects to the entryway through the port of Santo Domingo.
Eventually the house needed more space for warehouses, offices and operations, so this led to purchasing nearby homes. They established in an ensemble of houses comprising 154, 156, 158 and 160. The current 158 was headquarters to many important companies. ￼The head office of Casa Vicini is an elegant colonial residence with several modifications made in the eighteenth and nineteenth century, when it acquired the structure it still retains. On the facade, the typical balcony repeated this pattern during the last third of the 1800s, throughout the cluster of houses located on calle del Comercio, which gave it that tropical and Caribbean atmosphere. The home opened doors on the first and second floor balconies, through covered eaves and cast iron verandas. ￼The house features ample space between walls and an open courtyard through a portico on both levels. An elegant staircase leads to the second floor; the main space is the meeting room, where for decades served as rendezvous point for several businesses conducted by the firm.