In this house lived until his death in 1895, Pedro Tomás Garrido, an important national hero and among those present in the Puerta del Conde on the night of proclamation of the National Independence, the 27th of February, 1844. ￼The house on Padre Billini 210, is a corner house with calle 19 de Marzo. It is an old manor that resulted from the modification of corner grounds of the former convent of Santo Domingo that on this side featured orchards and service areas. Its facade are the gates of the convent enclosure wall, abandoned during the Haitian Occupation (1822-1844). In its walls, doors and windows were opened onto the streets. In addition, interior walls were used to form the house, preserved till this day. The house features nineteenth-century works, maintaining ancestral construction methods and elements of other homes in ruins, from which bricks, stone and wood were taken advantage of. It forms a cozy space which opens into a lush courtyard planted with palms and other tropical plants. Also, it features spacious halls overlooking calle Padre Billini, while the service quarters are located onto the calle 19 de Marzo. After a careful restoration process, the residence is set in part with colonial-style furniture, alternating with closets, warehouses, mannequins and workbenches, pertaining to the workshop used by the late renowned Dominican designer Oscar de la Renta, whom used the property as his studio and for occasional accommodation.